Projects for healthcare systems have addressed radiology PACS, reporting systems and information systems. On all projects, the clinical workflows were assessed, as were the interfaces to other hospital systems.
Multiple Radiology PACS Projects
- Worked at health care systems ranging from 1 to 4 hospitals. Performed needs assessments and workflow analyses and developed system requirements and desired outcomes documented in an RFP.
- Assessed vendor proposals, facilitated the selection, arranged site visits, provided contracting and implementation support.
- In some cases prepared the system for PACS, DICOM upgrade or interface recommendations for the imaging modalities and standardized imaging protocols. Have chaired the steering committee and was the project manager on some projects.
Radiology System Assessment
- Worked with a system with 2 hospitals and 7 outpatient centers. The CIO described the radiology group as having a “high level of dissatisfaction” with the PACS and the voice recognition dictation system.
- Assessed the situation and found a complex implementation that had undergone multiple upgrades in the last year with more under way and a staff bogged down with daily issues.
- Quickly modeled the implementation, analyzed individual radiologist’s work flow and system interaction, identified specific system and workflow issues, and documented both the implementation, problems, and recommendations for improvement. Implemented some of the most critical recommendations.
Meaningful Use Project
- Radiology group with 16 imaging centers wanted to demonstrate meaningful use of their EHR to qualify for the CMS incentive payments.
- Provided education on the criteria, advised on exceptions and workflow modifications. Worked with the vendor and the group on implementation and testing. Established documentation standards for audits and assisted in successful attestation.